Alabama scholarships are designated for college students and high school graduates in the state. They are free sources of money that college students can use to fund their education. If you have been trying to find a way to pay for your degree program, this could potentially be an option for you. The tips below should help you figure out what it may take for you to secure the financial aid you deserve.
How to Find Scholarships in Your State
Finding Alabama scholarships is a fairly easy process if you know what to do. You can start by speaking to financial aid advisers at Alabama colleges to see if they have any ideas for funding you could get. You could also check with local organizations to see if they offer any scholarship programs you may qualify for. The key is to start looking early so you can fill out as many applications as possible. If you start searching for scholarships in your junior year of high school, you should have the best possible chance at finding financial aid.
You can find an array of scholarship opportunities online nowadays, so do not rule out the internet as an option. Do a quick search for scholarships in Alabama and see what you find. You may be surprised by just how many scholarships you have to choose from.
Alabama may not be the biggest state in the US, but that does not mean it is lacking in financial aid opportunities. Listed below are just a few of the many scholarships you may find if you decide to pursue an education in this state.
- National Alumni Association Crimson Scholarships: This scholarship program is issued by the National Alumni Association. If you have a high sense of academic merit in the state of Arkansas, you may qualify for one of these awards. You must have a 3.8 GPA minimum to apply for the scholarships, and you must rank in the top 2% of their graduating class in high school. You must also have a 32 ACT score or 1400 SAT score. If you are chosen for a scholarship, you will be able to get all of your tuition paid for in school. The award also provides a $1,500 educational enrichment allowance every year. In addition to all of that, you may receive $300 to put toward the cost of books each year, as well as an iPad and paid room and board.
- Academic Elite Scholarship: This is an academic scholarship offered to 8 to 10 applicants every year. The award is valued at $8,500 per year for a total of four years, and it also covers the cost of dormitory boarding for that time period. To qualify for this scholarship, you must have a 32 on your ACT or a 1400 on your SAT. Annually, there are roughly 1,000 students that apply for this set of scholarships in Arkansas. If you want to fill out an application, you will likely need to do so before sometime in December
- Coca-Cola First Generation Scholarship: Did your parents go to college? If not, you could potentially qualify for this college scholarship. The Coca-Cola Foundation provides this scholarship for Alabama residents whose parents did not attend college. To uphold eligibility for this award, you must have a 3.0 GPA or higher in high school, and you must be entering college as a freshman. The award is $5,000 per academic year, and it can be renewed for up to four years if you maintain a 3.0 GPA in college. The number of awards offered varies by year.
- First Scholars Awards: This is another scholarship for students whose parents did not go to college. The scholarship covers $5,000 in school expenses for up to four years, and it is issued to students who showcase financial need. Applicants must have at least a 21 ACT score to qualify for the program, and they must maintain a 2.5 GPA in college. If you fit those requirements, this Alabama scholarship could certainly help you pay for college.
- Alumni Heritage Scholarship: Do you have parents or grandparents that graduated from the University of Alabama? If so, you may be eligible for this scholarship. The award is valued at $500, and it is only offered to students attending their first year of college at UA. You must be enrolled as a full time student to earn this award. The scholarship is nonrenewable.
- Alumni Scholar Award: This is another scholarship offered to students who have previous family members from the University of Alabama. The family members must have graduated from the school for the current student to qualify for the money. The scholarship is valued at $1,000 per year for up to four years, and you will have to uphold a 3.0 GPA or higher to qualify for renewal. You must be a full time student entering as a freshman in order to receive the award. Applicants must have a minimum ACT score of 25 or a minimum SAT score of 1130.