The Hands Essay Contest
The cost of a college education is astronomical. There are many people who are deprived of the education they need and deserve because of the cost that is involved. The best way to lower the cost of a college education is by getting scholarships. One scholarship that can help a person in this endeavor is the Hands essay contest. This scholarship is aimed at high school seniors.
The Hands Essay Contest is a program that is sponsored by Hands Along the Nile. It offers a person a chance to win a $4,000 scholarship that can be used to help them with their educational expenses. Hands Across the Nile is a non-profit organization that is committed to building bridges between Egypt and the United States. It was founded in 1989 and has been working to develop a partnership between Americans and Egyptians to increase intercultural understanding.
Consider The Hands Essay Contest To Help With The Cost of College
The essay contest that is sponsored by Hands Across the Nile awards up to 5 scholarships a year. The deadline for applying for this scholarship is July 3rd. It is open to any registered full-time undergraduate or graduate student. High school students entering an accredited college in the fall may also apply. There are specific rules that must be followed to enter this contest.
- The essay must be original and based on the authors own research
- Each person can only submit one essay
- The student must show proof of eligibility
- The essay cannot exceed 2,500 words
- Graphics can be included along with text
- The essay must have a title and must be typed with a specific sized font with 1 inch margins and numbered pages.
- All references should be done in MLA or APA format
- The paper should not reference the author of the paper at any time
- The cover sheet should include the title, the authors information including contact information
The topic for the essay will vary from year to year. In 2009 the topic was: “How is community development in the Middle East important to the U.S? Why is it particularly crucial to focus on Egypt?” It is very important for anyone that wants to win the scholarship to do the research necessary on the topic to write a good essay.
In addition to the top scholarship of $4,000, there were also awards given out for 2nd, 3rd, and honorable mention winners. This is a scholarship that can easily help defray some of the expenses for a college education.