Living in Hawaii or even deciding to relocate to the state for college offers experiences you don’t find in other states of the U.S. The surf culture that is highly prominent as well as the Hawaiian customs that are still quite influential in the state, all bring about a lifestyle that is quite unique and very exotic. The other great benefit of living in or attending college in Hawaii is that you are presented with extraordinary opportunities to pay your way through a higher education with the use of countless scholarships in Hawaii that can present great amounts to pay off a degree for you to use towards your future career.
Who Is Eligible for Scholarships in Hawaii?
There are several students that may be eligible for a Hawaii scholarship. Typically the first eligibility factor is your residence in the state or enrollment within the state in an accredited and participating University or college. At the same time, those students in the state that are achieving at high levels within their college programs, or even those in high school that are performing at high levels are offered Hawaii-based scholarships to use towards their degree program.
At the same time, students who attend particular colleges or Universities within the state can be eligible for college-based Hawaiian scholarships, typically dependent on merit or field followed. In many cases, students eligible for these scholarships are eligible based on the studies they are pursuing or a particular career they are following, while there are those state-related scholarships also based on particular causes, such as health conditions and more.
Where To Get Scholarships
- Look Online. There are several websites that provide all the resources necessary to find and apply for local scholarships in the state of Hawaii. These sites will even match you based on the criteria that you choose, which can help you narrow a search for the most effective finding of those that are open to students of your qualifications.
- Search Schools You Are Interested In Attending. Schools often sponsor their own awards for students in their schools meeting certain requirements or following different programs, including athletics and arts or other electives. These schools in Hawaii may also coordinate programs from other sources to provide more help to their students in search of adequate financial aid.
- Excel in High School. Whether outside sources are scouting or searching for students within Hawaii’s high schools or the high school itself provides scholarships for excellent and highly performing students, when you excel in any particular area of high school you can often times be offered scholarships directly. Your guidance counselor can also recommend sources and awards to apply for as you are preparing to graduate and planning for college. Whether sports or academics, you want to perform at a higher level in some area of school, while still meeting grades regardless.
- Local Hawaiian Organizations and Agencies. There are organizations in Hawaii that specialize in various causes, take special interest in a particular population of the community, and who work with students in college or pursuing certain fields, offering scholarship opportunities to students who meet their criteria. Also, agencies are found in the state that specialize in aiding students in locating funding resources for college, or that will provide scholarships directly based on the same factors as other sources.
Scholarships You Can Think About
There are many different awards in the state of Hawaii, all which are based on different eligibility factors that you have to consider before applying. You may find that you meet the requirements and that there are awards you could easily obtain, which you can even do online in many cases.
- Hawaii Chapter David T Woolsey Scholarship: This Hawaiian scholarship is offered to those students who are seeking training through higher education or professional training, named in honor of alumnus David T. Woolsey of CPU (California Polytechnic University). The scholarship is open to permanent residents of Hawaii who are pursuing a LAAB-accredited landscaping architecture-related program. A statement of personal/professional goals is required with application.
- Korean University Club Scholarship: Four year undergrads who are of Korean descent, residents of Hawaii, U.S. citizens, and must also demonstrate financial need are eligible for this scholarship, which also relies on academic excellence. Award amounts vary with student costs a main factor in the determination of award.
- Chuck Yim Gee Scholarship: This scholarship is sponsored by NTA Hawaii, offered to students who are permanent residents in the state of Hawaii, current full or part-time students in travel, tourism, or a hospitality related degree program, and enrolled in any University or college of the U.S or even Canada. This scholarship also requires that you carry and hold a GPA that is at least 3.0.
Different scholarships in Hawaii offer different amounts of aid, could be applied differently, and can be open to students of different types. The best benefit is through the use of different awards simultaneously, which pays off the college costs you incur much quicker and easier, alleviating future loan costs that you will likely experience otherwise. Getting these Hawaii-based scholarship is an opportunity to obtain that future career you have long wished for without the costs of college bearing you down.